Agent8’s mission is to provide an online environment in which today’s Realtors™ are able to research, discuss, and purchase marketing products and services in any easy and cost-effective manner and ultimately make more informed buying decisions. Fundamental to our mission is to be transparent about the data we collect about our Users and how it is used and shared.
Our commitment to privacy:
If you have any additional concerns or questions, please feel free to contact us and we will address your concerns to the best of our ability.
What is personal information?
What is excluded from privacy protection?
What personal information do we collect, and why?
- We collect personal contact information (such as your name, address, email address and telephone numbers).
- We will retain your subscriber ID and password to allow you to login to the Agent8 dashboard and so that upon request by you we may remind you of them. We will also retain any user setting preference you set for the Agent8 dashboard so that we can respect those settings.
- We may retain transactional information (such as purchase history, a list of promotions offered to you, vouchers used, contests entered and coupons ordered) in order to fulfill your request for information, products or services, to respond to your inquiries, and to provide a more personalized experience on our Sites.
- We may ask you to provide and update location preferences, which we use to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may improve our products and services and develop new products and services and so that we can provide you with more targeted offers, advertising, information and content (including offers and other information that has been supplied by our affiliates and selected sponsors or advertisers), including on websites you visit (“Marketing Offers”). We may also collect, use and store your current location or a history or location preferences or settings to establish your location, improve your experience and, from time to time, to send you information, such as Marketing Offers, that is most relevant to your geographic location. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share location information with us, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies, by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile services provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- We may collect demographic information, as well as express interests or category preferences, and may use this information along with your personal contact information and language preference in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may improve our products and services and develop new products and services, and to determine your eligibility for other products and services.
- We may also use demographic information, personal contact information, language preference, transactional information and express interests or category preferences to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to products or services you requested from us or which Agent8 provides. In addition, we may use this information to send you Marketing Offers. If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the opt-out procedure below.
- If you register for any Site using any social media login credentials, such as Facebook Login , we may collect, use and disclose your information from the social media account (such as email address and birthday in the case of Facebook Login) for the purpose of fulfilling your request for information, products or services, to respond to your inquiries, to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may improve our products and services and develop new products and services, to determine your eligibility for other products and services , to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to products or services you requested from us or which Agent8 provides, to provide you with Marketing Offers. Our access to your personal information will vary according to the particular social media credentials used. Please refer to the privacy settings of the social media website or application to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between Agent8 and your social media account.
- We keep notes and special instructions for members to help us fulfill your request and provide customer service. We may record or monitor your telephone calls with our customer service representatives for training and quality assurance purposes. We may also keep records of your interactions with our customer service team, and will use this information to fulfill your request for information, products or services, to respond to your inquiries, to improve our products and services and develop new products and services, to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to products or services you requested from us or which Agent8, or to provide you with Marketing Offers.
- We collect your credit card information or PayPal account information if you purchase services through the Agent8 dashboard. This credit card information is used for the purpose of fulfilling your order, or processing refunds or applying credit, if applicable.
- If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we will keep your contact information and details with respect to your opt-out on a list so that your request can be honoured and we may retain your information to fulfill legal or regulatory obligations or for other purposes permitted by law. If you provide a complaint to any of our departments, we will collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating your concerns and responding to you.
- Occasionally, we ask our customers to complete market research surveys. If you choose to participate in these surveys and provide your personal information for that purpose, your information will be aggregated as part of the survey results and shared with our advertisers, sponsors and affiliates in a manner that does not identify you. However, your information will also be used by us to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop new products and services, to determine your eligibility for other products and services, and to provide you with Marketing Offers.
Cookies and Online Behavioural Advertising
- If you are concerned about cookies, please review and adjust your web browser preferences. However, please be aware that by disabling cookies, you may not be able to use all portions of our Sites, particularly pages requiring registration.
- We may place advertising or other links on our Sites that originate from outside advertisers and other third parties. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign or recognize cookies. Agent8 does not control these cookies, nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your information by these advertisers or other third parties.
- Our Sites may use Web beacon, gif, or other technologies to better tailor and manage advertising on those sites. These technologies may be in use on a number of pages across web sites. When you access these pages, a notice of that visit is generated which may be processed by us or by our suppliers. These Web beacons or gifs usually work in conjunction with cookies. If you don’t want your cookie information to be associated with your visits to these pages, you can set your browser to turn off cookies. If you turn off cookies, Web beacons, gifs and other technologies will still detect visits to these pages, but the notices they generate cannot be associated with other cookie information and are disregarded.
- We use IP (Internet protocol) addresses to gather demographic and statistical information about our users, for systems administration and to diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our Sites.
- We may, from time to time, track and analyze anonymous usage and browsing patterns of visitors to our Sites to provide our advertisers with more targeted advertising opportunities and to help users see advertising that is most likely to interest them. We may use third party analytics service providers in order to gather such data on user behaviour.
We may combine personal information we have collected about you or received from you with publicly available records or with other third party information sources in order to better understand our customers and enhance our ability to provide you with products, services and Marketing Offers that may be of interest to you.
User Generated Content
All information, data, text, graphics, images, messages, reviews, opinions, suggestions or other materials created by Users on the Agent8 Portal, including but not limited to its comment forum, is public information and may be used and disclosed by Agent8 in accordance with Agent8’s User Agreement.
Who does Agent8 disclose personal information to, and why?
Agent8 may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances
- We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, advertisers, merchants and/or prospective merchants to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information which does not include any personally identifiable information.
- Agent8 may transfer your personal information to third party service providers, which may be located outside of Canada (including in the United States), in order to fulfill your order or perform processing and other specialized services (such as credit card or payment processing, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, management of customer service requests, data analysis for purposes of managing and administering our business, delivery of Marketing Offers and other communications, product delivery, circulation auditing and industry accreditation).
- Agent8 may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities, for other legal reasons (which may include lawful access by Canadian, U.S. or other foreign courts, law enforcement or governmental authorities) and as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Sale of Business
- Agent8 may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties.
Agent8 has technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information in a manner that is reasonable and appropriate to the nature of the personal information you provide to Agent8. For example, when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal information you send to us by email could be intercepted. If your communication is very sensitive, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access to our Site is secure. Credit card numbers should not be sent by email. Materials posted to online forums such as bulletin boards or comment sites are public, not secure and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages from other Internet users. Agent8 is not responsible for personal information you choose to post or submit in any online forum on any of its Sites.